Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Mighty Green



One of my goals for this new year is to green our clean(ing routine).  

Yeah, yeah I know I’m a little late coming to the party.


I want to start using products that are healthier for the environment and safer for us.  But I’m not really sure what to use or even a reputable site to search for new items.

I’d love any recommendations, suggestions or ideas- both for products or sites to use as a resource.

Items to switch-out for “greener” choices:

-clorox wipes

-windex

-dishwasher tabs (we currently use electrasol tabs)

-dish detergent

-409

- dusting product (like pledge)

-swiffer (i.e. floor cleaner)

-Febreze

-fabric softener

-laundry detergent  

-toilet bowl cleaner

-scrubbing bubbles (shower cleaner)

-soft scrub

Requirements:

-cleans well (duh)

-relatively easy to find (I’m ok with going to Whole Foods, etc. but I’m not willing to drive to a random store 20 miles away)

-price, I expect to pay a dollar or two more, but I don’t want to spend a small fortune on cleaning products

Thanks for any feedback!

http://clean-green.110mb.com/images/clean-green-2.gif



2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm a method and vinegar girl. I use Method naked wipes and all purpose spray for EVERYTHING. I use vinegar and water on our floors. I did buy a Method tub and tile cleaner but hate the smell, so I don't have a rec for that.

CT mom said...

Check Windex. I think it already is "green" and so are many of that companie's products. Says it right on the label. Most stores (like Stop & Shop) have an whole section of Green cleaning products now.