Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Fall Table- DIY Dare

Dare to DIY

Well, I'm about 2 weeks late posting this DIY Dare. And I have plenty of excuse, I was sewing table runners but scrapped them (they were ugly), Thanksgiving, etc. In the end I figured, since I did the assignment (and took a ton of photos) I might as well turn turn it in late for partial credit. ( Is the teacher in me showing?)

We didn't host Thanksgiving, but I planned to use the opportunity to finish matching table runners I start in early Sept. I love the look for two runners, parallel across the width of the table, acting as placements. Late in the summer I found a pattern on a blog that I thought was cute, and went fabric shopping with my mom for fall hued fabric. But once they were almost together...I just didn't like the look.


The final table


Napkin rings made from the Saran-Wrap tube. I used double sided tape and left-over orange ribbon from the thankful tree.

The flash did something funny to the color, they aren't as bright and not nearly as shiny.

This shot shows the color a bit more accurately.



Using Martha's directions, I made a dozen tissue paper flowers, four each of; golden, cranberry, orange. I tried laying them on top of the napkin and standing the water glass. I think I like them on the napkin best.


A parting shot...

Go check out all the pretty tables created!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - your ideas are great! I love what you've done as the napkin rings.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

It looks GREAT. I love the napkins especially. You really went all out!

Can't wait to see your gift next week.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

PS - Total full credit. No partial here. =)

Emily said...

Your table looks fabulous. I love the napkins!!!!

Kelly said...

Like I said before...so jealous of your craftiness!