Friday, April 1, 2011

White Bean Dip

I have a favorite new dip-snack-lunch recipe.  It is a triple threat-tasty, simple, and not horrible for you.  I first tasted Giada's Simple White Bean Dip when a neighbor made it for a game night.

Ready for the specific and difficult directions?
I've made this dip so many times over the past few months I don't measure the ingredients any more. However, I thought that Giada's recipe used too much lemon juice, so I use a bit less than half a lemon.  I'm also not a huge garlic fan, so that has been reduced too. 



I've also begun making my own pita chips.  I like the crunch from the texture and I think the hold the dip (or hummus) better.  Again super simple- cut pitas into wedges, toss with olive oil and kosher salt then bake at 350-400 for 10-15 minuteish.  

Give it a try this weekend!  I can't wait to enjoy some pool side.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum-u-lum! That dip, those pitas, and some margaritas (at the pool)...sounds like a perfect weekend to me! ck

Kelly said...

Yummy! My friend makes her own pita chips too, but she sprinkles them with cinnamon and sugar. They are yummy!