Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Juicy-Juicy

While lounging around the pool over Memorial Day weekend, my friend introduced me to a new sangria.  I've always enjoyed a glass of sangria, but this one is so light and with just the right amount of sweetness, it is easy to drink (over and over again).  Not to mention, it has a few simple and easy to find ingredients.


opps forgot to a take a photo before putting it out for book club 


1 large bottle sauvignon blanc 
2/3 c. peach schnapps 
1/4 c. honey
1 small bottle of tonic water
1 granny smith apple (important that it be granny smith)
1 orange
1 lemon 

Enjoy!
Do you have any summery drinks you enjoy?

3 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm a big fan of the mojito. Which reminds me.... I need one right now.

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

Ooh! This sounds good. I usually love red sangria, and I don't add any liquor (just so it doesn't kick my butt as quickly) but I will have to give this a shot this summer.
I'm also a huge mojito fan, and I love a good chili passionfruit martini, too.

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious - I love that is white sangria too!

My favorite summer drink is an Arnold Palmer - made with Sweet Tea Vodka and lemonade. Yum!