Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting Started

 We hosted last day of school party for my school.  Since we are lucky enough to have a pool, this was obviously going to be a pool party.  Our outdoor furniture was definitely not party ready.

The two adirondack sets were a deal from the Christmas Tree Store in 2008 (see more here).  And I still loved them, but I've always wanted them to match and the paint was badly peeling.


 
 These metal tables were left by the pervious owners.


I spent a couple days sanding and painting.  FIY- the chairs were a pain to paint- so many nooks and crannies. Next time I would use spray paint.


Chester provided the entertainment. 

Both chairs and foot rests became a high gloss white. 

All 4 tables (2 round metal and 2 square wood) turned green.

Ready to party!

What summer gatherings have you enjoyed?

4 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

They look great! Such great colors you chose!

And, I cannot believe you painted them all with a brush! Wow! That's dedication.

Adam McNeil said...

Wow, the backyard set looks awesome! Good work friend...would love to see some pics of the outdoor bar/kitchen!

Kelly said...

Please tell me you didn't do this in last weeks heat wave! They look great!

Anonymous said...

So fun! Sadly we haven't done much of anything fun this summer. We were too busy with all the junk that kept getting thrown at us!