Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years!

Nope, no year in review post for me....that's a little more time and thought intensive than I want to do.
And no 2012 goals...yet.

Just a simple recap from last night.  We went with 3 other couples to the Lincoln Restaurant.


It was a speakeasy themed event, so we dressed the part. It was a great time!  They had 20's style drinks and a good band.  We had a blast, it was a perfect way to ring in the new year.


The boys also looked equally fabulous, but I'm still waiting for the group shot.




The restaurant was also had beautiful decor, full of pin-worthy decor.   Have you seen the penny floor on pintrest?  Well, this place actually used 1 million pennys to create their floor.  Fitting of the namesake of course.

There was also an awesome multi-sized mason jar light fixture.  It was very very cool...too bad I forgot to take a photo.


This morning (well into the) afternoon, we toasted the new year with some fresh homemade bagel.  (get it??! toasted... bagel- I'm very funny) I made them Friday using Annie's recipe.  It was surprisingly easy. I liked have control of the size and toppings (we made sesame, poppy, everything and parm).  New York bagels they aren't but they are better than store bought...if I do say so myself (John ate two today, so I think he likes them too).

How did you usher out 2011?  Hope your 2012 is off to a nice start!

8 comments:

Jordan said...

Looks like a fun evening! We went out in Old Town with several friends- there are always so many good options to chose from for New Year's Eve!

Those bagels look delicious! I've always wanted to try making my own, and now I just may have to...

Amigh said...

What fun! Last night we watched "Midnight in Paris" and you guys would have fit in perfectly!

Happy New Year!

Kendrella VA said...

I have a pic of the mason jar lights...it's of me of course though :)

So much fun!!!

K

Leigh @ Kesler Expressler said...

Looks like fun! I love Annie's bagel recipe - yours look delicious. Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

Looks like fun! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! My roomies at JMU were from NY and NJ and they would always bring back bagels - and they were SO good. I totally know what you mean when you say they aren't the same. I'll have to pin her recipe for the future!

We spend NYE at home - relaxing and drinking champagne.

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

Wow, that looks like a ton of fun. I've never heard of Lincoln Restaurant but will definitely put it on the list to try.

Unknown said...


Today, some houses have a commercial site in the US but not in Europe, like Swiss Watches, Baume & Mercier and Omega Watches.Many designers are Hermes Handbags in on one of the hottest trends in accessories: metallics. And Louis Vuitton handbags is no different. The Christian Dior replica handbags has been accustomed a brownish makeover.