Sunday, August 24, 2008

It is fitting that tonight is the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics- it is also the closing of my summer. Tomorrow I go back to work- I really don’t want to go. I am very sad (and more than a bit stressed) about starting another year. returning from our honeymoon
At least I had a super fun birthday weekend or as John named it “Lee-Lee Gras”. On Friday, I got to see Momma Mia- very funny but not as good as the play, go to Ikea, and eat mozzarella sticks. Chester got a new stuffed indoor soccer ball- he is very excited about it!
Saturday we went to Rehoboth Beach (DE), I got to test out my birthday gift from John. (Chester got me flowers) Rehoboth was pretty nice- we had a great time! The water was perfect- great temp and good waves! After leaving the beach- we had a great seafood dinner at Jake’s. We bought some saltwater taffy and fudge for the 3 hour ride home. It was a long day but a perfect end to my birthday weekend!

The fun is over today. Normal Sunday activities (grocery shopping, cleaning) and reading IEPs, have taken up most of the day. However, I did make some infused oils. One is rosemary fresh from our garden, and the other is garlic. I can’t wait to try them out! Any recipe ideas?
I’m going to try to enter tomorrow- calm and with a smile. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

meizelf said...

Good luck on your first day back! I know, so sad summer is ending, but you love the fall and winter seasons!! Think - warm sweaters, hot chocolate, Christmas! I hope this school year is good to you and you can learn not to stress to much!