Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Crafts

Last year I spent time enhancing our backyard area, by late August it was pretty decent.  But there was one last thing I really wanted to add.....outdoor lights.  Not hard to find or pricy right?!  There are lots of great options and either of these would be super.














both photos- Pottery Barn




There was just one thing standing in my way- we have no outdoor outlet.  So I was very excited, when shopping with my mom, to find battery operated paper lanterns. 


They were perfect but a bit plain and unsummery for my taste, I had to add my own personal touch. 












Cute, fast, cheap and perfectly coordinating with my outdoor decor.  


We also found a nice springy, gauzy green table runner.  It also needed a bit of 
Leigh-bellishment.

It was such a nice treat to spend a day shopping and crafting with my mom!

1 comment:

beachy in the burbs said...

These are so cute!! I love them. I wish we had an outdoor space. We've been thinking about that as we consider moving (with baby on the way). Glad to see you two had a nice weekend!