It is a normal Sunday night over here, Chinese food and TV (Golden Globes) and reading through my blogroll.
One of my blogfriends Kelly, at One Day At A Time ,was posting about an award Kristen from Miss Prissy Paige give her. I greatly enjoyed reading Kelly's long list of personal facts....then I got to the bottom of her list....and she passed the award on to me!!!
This is only the second blog award I've ever received!! (I have a long overdue post about the Honest Scrap from Emily)
Kelly is great- go check her out, and we have much in common. We were both teachers, and live in close proximity- but most significantly we both love cannolis. Really, Kelly has a great blog that focuses on the positives. She also shares great recipes- yum, yum.
On to my fun facts:
1. I grew up in Connecticut. No, I don't play tennis, drive a Volvo or wear a sweater around my shoulders.
2. My younger sister is taller than me.
3. Chester is the 4th Golden Retriever I've had.
4 & 5. I have a screw in my ankle from a swimming injury. Yes, swimming. I was a competitive swimmer for 7ish years, but called it quits after two surgeries.
6. I am a major night owl. My want to teach at an elementary night school, but have yet to find one.
7. I'm also a big, sentimental pack rat. When I cleaned out my closet last summer, I found a box of stuff from middle school. I had saved the change from post-graduation celebratory Friendly's ice cream. (and I HATED middle school)
8. John and I both drive Ford Explores- our saving grace is that they are different colors.
9. John and I met at a Mardi Gras Party.
10. John and I were introduced by our respective roommates. They are now married too.
11. I own 4 copies of the movie Grease.
12. Freshman year my college roommate's mom said our room was like "Martha Stewart on crack". I took it as a compliment.
13. I am almost always the DD, because I'm much more fun when NOT drinking. And I'd rather save the calories for chocolate.
14. John and I got married on the quad of our college campus! It was awesome!
15. My birthday is the day after my mom's.
Now to pay it forward (in random order):
Lauren @ Lauren Makes - Lauren has great, creative crafty projects. And none of them overwhelming.
Amigh @ My French Corner - Amigh just finished a week of posts about wine. Enjoy!
Emily @ Imperfect - While Emily claims to be imperfect, she sure has many perfectly awesome decorating and craft ideas.
Kim @ Newlywoodwards - Kim was the mastermind beyond the DIY holiday blog party. I don't know how she as the time to works, go to grad school and create (& post) lots of great projects.
Sarah @ Jeune Maria - Sarah has such a glamors and fashionable style. She always posts pretty pictures. And you must see her wedding photos (and read the posts) it is incredible!
Thanks again Kelly!