Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Repeat

It's like Groundhog's Day (the movie) only a week a late. 
They've already announced a snow day for Wed.  For those keeping score at home- this is the 4th consecutive (school days) snow day, and the 8th for the year.


While I know we'll be in school until next fall, I'm still happy for another day.  For one, I'm enjoying the time at home and finding productive (fun) uses of my time- basically just not ready to go back to work.  Second, as a night owl it has been fantastic waking up at 9 or 10 am.  Third, and most importantly, in the three days since the storm ended my road has yet to be plowed. It still looks like this-



It is a 6+ inch, compacted, slab of snow and ice- not cool or safe.
Be safe and keep warm!

*Why do we pay taxes again?  I thought it was for things like this.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

We must live on the same street! Ours looks exactly the same. This is like a bad dream!

Anonymous said...

My street looks basically the same.. I would be surprised if any of us go back to school this week!!