We are relaxing and recovering from a fun and very busy holiday weekend. Photos will be shared soon. Hope you all had great Thanksgiving!
On to Christmas!
The theme of Kim's DIY party this week is COOKIES!
Last year I shared my Grandmother's Missouri Cookies. Since my Cookies and Cocktails holiday party is weeks away, I have yet to start baking..... except for the 6 hours of baking my sister and I did the day before Thanksgiving.
The results of our work~
None of our goodies are technically cookies but I thought I'd share fun, festive recipe regardless.
Cranberry Supreme Pie (the half eaten pie in the foreground of the photo)
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c sugar
-1/2 c walnuts
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs
- melted together- 1/2 stick butter, 1/4 c Crisco shortening
preheat oven to 325
1. put berries in greased pie plate
2. sprinkle with 1/2 c sugar and nuts
3. in a bowl beat eggs and 1 c sugar
4. stir in flour
5. add melted butter/shortening mixture
6. mix well
7. pour mixture over cranberries
bake for 50- 60 minutes - until golden brown on top and bubbly on the sides.
What seasonal treats do you love?