Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year


Happy New Year ya'all.  As much as I love holidays, I Hate New Years.  My idea of a perfect NYE is take out, movies and games.  Also, I've always wanted to spend the holiday in a tropical location (Sohira....maybe an Aruba trip?).    Tonight, I've been out voted...we are going to dinner with friends in the Atlas Distract of DC.  

However, I am excited to start the New Year with a pretty new calendar.  Around a month and half ago my friend Lauren at Life Uncluttered hosted a giveaway for her blogiversary.   As the lucky winner,  I received a lovely package from the Etsy shop Our Humble A{Bowe}d, containing an adorable 2011 calendar.
2011 Desktop Calendar

2011 Desktop Calendar

It's great!  I think the simple, yet slightly fancy shape is really pretty.  I like how the color changes to fit each month.  But what I love is the faux bois pattern, in which a seasonally themed word is imbedded. Such a great little detail!

2011 Desktop Calendar
Thanks Lauren!
Hope you all had a good New Years.  

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Have fun this evening and be safe! We are not big on going out for NYE...in fact, I don't think we have ever been out. Tonight is movies, chocolate cake, wii and snuggling with the puppy!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Hope you had fun! Ryan was in a wedding (his best man got married). I was DD and hubby is still recovering. He's pretty hilarious when drunk so it made for a good NYE. ;)

Kate @ BigGirl + LittleGirl said...

Lovely calendar - I'm going to pop over and get one for myself. Congratulations on your win - and thanks for sharing the pics!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you like the calendar! :)