Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cork This

Yesterday I showed you, my "stylish" dry-erase board.  But as I pointed out, the fabric I selected was a bit ho-hum.   Well, I used the linen-like fabric because it was the same fabric used to create the custom cork-board.
I used (unwashed but ironed so it stayed crisp) fabric that I wrapped around an old cork board.  I attached it used a staple gun (one of my favorite tools), some people use spray adhesive but I worried about wet-marks and gunky pin cushions.  That part was very simple and fast.

Attaching each individual nailhead was time consuming.  It might just be my perfectionist tendencies, but it took me about 2.5 hours and it still isn't perfect.

Both the dry-erase and cork board are for our newly done den....more coming.

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I wanna see this newly-done den.

Now.

Love the corkboard. The idea of the tacks make me break out in a sweat. Too tedious. But I love the look!

Anonymous said...

I second Kim's request! My nail head tacks aren't perfect either! :)