Saturday, March 19, 2011

Double F!

Do you ever have projects that frustrate you and only lead to failure?!!?

I've been trying to make a stylist and pretty white board for den.  Did you know that dry erase markers work on glass as they do on a white board?  That knowledge and this project inspired me to use frosted glass spray paint to make my own patterned glass-white board.

Ugh, the hours and issues kept adding up:
-I two broke pieces of glass before even starting...should have taken that as a sign
-I attempted to make the contact paper stencil using the silhouette machine, but that didn't work
-so then I used the silhouette to make a template from cardstock, then I used that to make the contact paper stencil the old fashioned way
-it took an hour to apply the stencil (mostly) evenly to the glass
-the two coats of frosted glass spray paint went out without a problem...but after peeling off the contact paper I was left with this

Not cool! Big fat Leigh-bellishment fail!

I give up!  

But....

I have a new plan- wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Don't give up! The next try will be great! This happens to me all the time, but it always works out in the end. good luck!

HW Glass said...

glass is the essential equipment for interior and exterior building decoration