Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Front Yard

Before I share all the projects my mom and I completed, I need to show off some of John's hard work. A few weeks ago, I shared this "teaser" image. 


This is the exterior of our house as seen last spring.  The two sides are mirror images.


Early this spring John removed 8 bushes/trees from our yard, so we had a blank slate.


Notice the changes?  One thing that never changes- can't get Chester to move out of picture.  
We hung new shutters- they are a different color (black instead of white) and the panel style (we had the slates before) and are correctly sized.  We also replanted the front beds. 

I hope everything grows fast!!  The poor ivy is almost dwarfed by the flowers!

The bed on the right side is longer, which is why it has the evergreen at the end (see photo above) but otherwise they are identical.  Next to the steps are dwarf albert spruces then two Korean boxwoods and finally variegated holly.  In front of the bushes are purple creeping phlox.    

How is your yard work going?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks great! Want to come help with our yard?? :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. The house looks so great! I miss you tons and can't wait to see you. ck

Anonymous said...

does this mean the bush is not gonna catch on fire?! luv tootsie

Shannon said...

Lookin good! I'm super jealous of your shutters! I want new ones so bad.

Anonymous said...

Ive decided I want a house and a yard -Darbi

beachy in the burbs said...

I love how the pops of black look against the brick! Looks so great!