Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pita

A year or two ago I attempted to make my own pita breads.  But it didn't go so great.  Then I saw Annie's recipe and Leigh vouched for them....so I tried again.

Even though I need to work on my shaping skills, they were tasty.  I think next time I'll make smaller, thinner pitas.  The recipe was easy.  The dough came together quickly, while there wasn't much active time, it did have to raise 3 times.  I was disappointed with the number of pitas it made.  I'll have to double it next time, especially since we are currently addicted to white bean dip

Have you tried any new recipes lately? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I am a huge Barefoot fan and I made her endive and avacado salad a few weeks ago for a gathering and it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it so much. ck