Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pin Plates

Another Pintrest project completed! 

I know everyone has been impressed and inspired by Mrs.Limestone's idea.
                                                                                         Source: brooklynlimestone.com via Leigh on Pinterest

This is my version.  This two little plates were a Target clearance find. Since there were only 2, I thought "his" and "hers" would be cute Leigh-bellishments.  However, my handwriting is not cute.  I used the Silhouette to cut vinyl stencils.

They looked great...until I took the stencil off.  The paint bled badly. I was able to use damp Q-Tips to clean it up a bit.  If you look closely it still isn't perfect- but I think they are pretty cute.

After removing the stencil. 




I have a few more clearance dishes to dress up.  I think I'm going to make them for our Cookies and Cocktail party, after I find new stencils.  

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You are all about the pinterest lately! Go, Leigh!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I really like this project. I think they turned out so cute! Love the his and hers idea. Can you eat from them?

Mrs. Limestone said...

Love your interpretation. Thanks for the mention.

Lauren said...

Love this!!!