Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pin Plates

Another Pintrest project completed! 

I know everyone has been impressed and inspired by Mrs.Limestone's idea.
                                                                                         Source: brooklynlimestone.com via Leigh on Pinterest

This is my version.  This two little plates were a Target clearance find. Since there were only 2, I thought "his" and "hers" would be cute Leigh-bellishments.  However, my handwriting is not cute.  I used the Silhouette to cut vinyl stencils.

They looked great...until I took the stencil off.  The paint bled badly. I was able to use damp Q-Tips to clean it up a bit.  If you look closely it still isn't perfect- but I think they are pretty cute.

After removing the stencil. 




I have a few more clearance dishes to dress up.  I think I'm going to make them for our Cookies and Cocktail party, after I find new stencils.  

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You are all about the pinterest lately! Go, Leigh!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I really like this project. I think they turned out so cute! Love the his and hers idea. Can you eat from them?

Mrs. Limestone said...

Love your interpretation. Thanks for the mention.