Friday, March 25, 2011

All Dressed Up

A month ago I showed you all the dresser set I scored from C's List.  I asked for your opinion....and then (other than this quick peek) left you hanging.  So sorry 'bout that Peeps.

The seller's before picture:
image 2229213004-0

After:
The color is Behr Spring Stream.  It is a light seafoam color. As you all suggested, I wanted a bright, fun color (but I have no red in my house) and this color is present in both the utensil art work, the fabric covering the kitchen chairs and my dinning room curtains (which are not only visible from this area but are my overall color-scheme inspiration- my "sue").

Elevated Zinnia Knobs from Anthro...

it is hard to get a good photo of but it has the seamfoam and green colors in it




The shelves are also "done".  I need to get some organic item and non-rectangular items.

sorry for the shadow- there is no natural light in this space 
Do I need anything on the top?  A runner? A little lamp?  Some sort of decorative item? Will that help it look "finished" or "cluttered"?

At the same time I started this project, Erin also shared her shelving issues.  While it was helpful, these shelves have a little lip in the front, so there is a very narrow display space.

Wondering about what is stored in the dresser?  It is serving as my "decor store".  It holds all of my neutral, non-seasonal decor items (other than a few XL hurricanes that didn't fit)

 
 

                               
      

8 comments:

CT mom said...

I think yo need some texture, color and other shapes in the nook somehow. A small fun lamp would be cute. Love the knobs! Can't wait to see!

Amigh said...

Leigh,
I think a couple of things with a variety of elevations, texture, and color. Kitcheny-dining items that come to mind small lamp, vase of flowers, cake stand, bowl of fruit, a beautiful vintage bowl or vase.

Look at the items on these buffets
http://www.houzz.com/photos/query/buffett

Just a touch of something will make it look finished without the appearance of clutter.

You did a beautiful job--the piece and the placement are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Amigh had some great ideas. Love the color and the new hardware. It looks great!

SM said...

Leigh this turned out AWESOME!!! Absolutely beautiful :) Maybe you should come decorate my house!?!?!?

Elf said...

Leigh, it looks amazing! I love the color and knobs! It looks so expensive :) You're doing such a wonderful job with all these projects!

Kelly said...

LOVE the knobs! You did a great job on it and I also like the gallery wall above!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I understand this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does building a well-established website like yours take a large amount of work?
I'm brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for
brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

my page - learn more about it

ed pills online said...

I all the time used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of net thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.